The thing I was reeeeeally hoping wouldn't happen ... did. The weight I gained with having babies stuck around. =(
I've been trying to work on making better choices in my life (and benefits my family too!): using Norwex cleaning products (simply awesome!) for less chemicals around me, buying Trader Joe's products (I know that doesn't mean "super healthy" but at least "better"), buying more organic foods, walking around the neighborhood, etc....
BUT my portions of food were soooo off and cardio??? Why would I want to do that???
So I wasn't losing the weight and I wasn't happy with this new body (thanks boys ;). I had heard really great things about Beachbody and started looking into it. I bought PiYo DVD's and borrowed the 21 Day Fix portion control containers (and information booklet). WOW was that eye opening!! I knew I had a lot of sugar each day, but didn't even realize the amount of carbs! ...And one serving of veggies wasn't enough?? I had work to do! ha
My friend/coach asked me join her Facebook Challenge Group and that was super helpful to stay motivated. I didn't want to "disappoint" the group or my coach for not following the plan! But, I wasn't super strict with it either. My goal was to use it as a jump start to living a healthy lifestyle, not STRICT 21 Days and DONE!
Have you done yoga with Pilates before?? It's awkward at first. And some moves are tricky. However, I kept at it and each day I did a little better! Then a week or so later I did a workout and I was able to do all the moves (!!) and that was exciting to me! (Can I do a video for you now with perfect moves? nope. But I bet you would burn calories laughing as you watched it!) THEN I started seeing results! A few pounds off each week and a thinner waist! That was even more exciting! Crazy how working out with eating healthy and getting in your vitamins really DID work! ...The experts always told me that was the combo...Now I believe them.
Now I want YOU to feel good! Take out the guess work. Take out the pain & hassle of going to a gym. Get a program that meets your needs and helps you reach your goals!
My new challenge this year? To challenge YOU while I go on this journey towards a healthy lifestyle! Facebook me or leave a comment! I want you to know YOU'VE GOT THIS!
No comments:
Post a Comment