I'm holding up my end of the deal! I have another idea for you. I read this idea in a magazine about a year ago (or 3 years ago? Who remembers when they actually read an article?), in Real Simple magazine (pretty sure it was that one...or Better Homes and Gardens?). A lady kept putting off and putting off random little errands and mini house projects (like changing a light bulb, filling in a few wood cracks, etc.). How many of us put off things like that? I sure do! So, the lady decided to make running errands and those pesky house jobs into a fun day.
Do you know how to make errands actually fun??
Is it possible??
YES! Here's how...
1. Pick a day that you have a couple hours.
2. Pick a friend <--- Clearly the fun part!
3. Write a list of where to go.
4. Figure out a route that will make sense (times open, not going back and forth across town, etc.).
5. Prep for the next day: load up the car, check for coupons or deals (dry cleaners can be pricy!).
6. Get your buddy and have fun! Caribou first, lunch in-between errands, maybe a cupcake later??...ok... for sure a cupcake later!
*HUGE* Bonus for moms: you and the friend can take turns running in to the locations/ staying in the car so you don't have to do the 10 step process of getting your baby/kid in and out of the carseat and cart each time!
Now I'm actually LOOKING FORWARD to running errands!
Next I will have to plan a "Mini House Project Day"...
How about you? What would you like to get done?



No comments:
Post a Comment